torsdag 2 december 2010

Getting started with an amazing Android app

Well, there's two things in the universe that a pragmatic programmer needs to deal with today to be future-proof, the cloud and mobile apps. I've already played with googles appengine and Microsofts Azure so it's time to play with mobile apps. (To be honest, I've cheated with it before but never built anything worth mentioning).

Since I'm the owner of a HTC Desire I will build a small android app, create a market account, get some ads in it (perhaps it might be enough revenue to get a saturday pizza?) and publish it for the world to admire.

To get going, there are some things needed. The gurus recommends eclipse for development, so I need that one. I need to spice it up with the android plugins, that means adding https://dl-ssl.google.com/android/eclipse/ as an update site and get everything offered. I also need the android-sdk and the tools that come with it.

That would do to get started, but there a lot of other tools. I highly recommend DroidDraw for designing the GUI, the others I haven't used.. yet.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar