fredag 12 november 2010

Troublesome workspace

So far this day is not a huge success. I noticed that Gworkspace needed PDFKit to work at it's best. Well, at least to be able to display PDF metadata in the fileviewer. However, I never managed to get PDFKit to compile since it kept babbling about old freetype2 headers. I compiled and installed GWorkspace anyway, and it didn't complain. Until i tried to start it, all I got was ugly
GWorkspace: error while loading shared libraries: libFSNode.so.0: cannot open shared object
In my face. No clue about that, and since I was unsure about whenever I would get one, I simply went on with my windowmaker session. Now windowmaker never was a favorite of mine, but it's fast.

So, not sure wether or not I should go for Gworkspace again or simply build my GNUstep apps and run it on wmaker. I could, of course, head for Etoile also.. Better play with Gorm and think about it.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar