torsdag 11 november 2010

Going GNUstep

I've always had a thing for Linux. Ever since I installed a fresh Red Hat 5.0 and spent a week getting KDE pre 1.0 and sound to work. It was great, nothing is like firing up bash and do some serious scripting, that's for sure.
However, work has driven me from the linux playground and I only fire up a virtual machine now and then just for the joy of it.
But maybe that's about to change. The success of Mac & iPhone has made obscure programming languages like Objective-C kind of "hot" again. and since I always need to now something about everything (especially "hot" stuff) I need to play around with Objective-C. I am not keen about buying a mac yet though, so I thought I will go the free route. That means, install a fresh Ubuntu and try to get old GNUstep installed with some nice theme. (Grey sucks). Stay tuned for more info,...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar